APPLICATION – WOODS D.C. UNCOMMON DIALOGUE
The Stanford Woods Institute will be sponsoring two seminars, or Uncommon Dialogues, in Washington, D.C. in the 2016-17 academic year – one in the fall of 2016 and the second in the winter or spring of 2017. The topics of the Uncommon Dialogues will be chosen based on faculty applications.
Woods will cover dialogue costs, including Stanford participant travel and the travel costs of other participants who cannot otherwise cover them. Woods also will provide staff support for organizing the dialogue.
- Clear linkage to a Woods’ focal area
- Urgency of the challenge or problem and the potential to contribute its solution
- Capacity to build and expand on Woods’ D.C. networks and relationships
- Level of interest and participation by Stanford faculty
- Availability of other funding sources
Temporal variability in thermally-driven cross-shore exchange: the role of semidiurnal tides »
A Novel Cardiotoxic Mechanism for a Pervasive Global Pollutant »
The growing role of methane in anthropogenic climate change »
IPCC expert meeting on detection and attribution related to anthropogenic climate change »
The Global Methane Budget: 2000–2012, Earth Syst. Sci. Data Discuss »
The Global Methane Budget: 2000–2012, Earth Syst »